Sunday, December 16, 2007

Isn't it Lovely!! Look delicious???



It's my birthday cake!! Made especially for me by my lovely daughter Ana and my "other" daughter Lily (waves @ dd#3)! It's my favorite of the chocolate cakes.. German Chocolate with lots (think 2 cans) of frosting!! yummmmy!! Of course, Ana's comment was "it looks like puke.. I can't eat that!" okay so don't eat it! More for me!!!

What a wild and crazy weekend! I must be getting older...I can't party two days in a row like a use to! We had the Middle/High school staff party on Friday night got home waaaay late but had lots of fun! I got a super apple cutting board handmade by one of the teachers @ the high school...it's a hot item every year! Brett got some Starbucks (the adult kind)!

Saturday morning we went to a memorial service for our friends dad. It was hard.. much harder than I thought it would be. It's been 2 years since Gary left us and the tears I cried on Saturday during the service were for our family (the memories of Gary) and for the other family as well. It's never easy and time does ease some of the hurt but it still does hurt. Big hugs and thoughts to Laurie and Jay and kids and Mary and Bill and kids...

Karina was a busy little kid with not one but two birthday parties on the same day and almost the same time. Lucky for her, she was able to bowl with Dylan and then move on to Shelby's party for pizza!

Between all this I was working on my cookies for the beer and cookie exchange party across the street! Tried a new kind this year..it's an eggnog snickerdoodle! I've yet to eat one, but got rave reviews from hubby and children!

I'm off on Weds. this week, so I get the joy of watching Karina's performance and to help at her party! and the best part is that I'll be able to watch the Polar Plunge! If the middle/high schoolers bring in enough cans I'll get a picture of Brett jumping into the cold water (and it's suppose to snow and snow so brrrrrr)! Ana was chosen by drawing to be the 6th grader to jump! So she'll be jumping in the cold water too! Camera ready to go!

I'll try to update with polar plunge photos on Friday!!!

3 comments:

Sarah96 said...

happy happy birthday!! :)
OH my...she WANTS to jump in? I think I'll stay nice and warm here - I've been cold all day IN MY HOUSE. lol

Kendal said...

I'll be leaving work to watch the Polar Plunge. Shawn is on the jumping block. Course he jumped into Lake Chelan earlier this year with snow still on the hills... crazy guy!

Amy said...

Oh yes, I'll be there too, I hope! Are they doing it on Wed.? or Fri.? I'm at the high school in the afternood either day, so hopefully I'll see it all too!

I know what you mean about getting old Lisa, I barely made it through the weekend myself. Of course here it is late Sunday now and I can't go to sleep, LOL! Off to try!