Sunday, June 14, 2009

School's out!!!

Yipeee!! I had to wait until "I" was officially out for the summer to post this! I said good bye to my 21st class of students on Friday! It's hard to believe I've helped shape little (and big) minds for 21 years! I don't feel that old to have been teaching that long!

We started our summer vacation with a quick trip to the Tri-Cities to visit my parents for only one day. Brett stayed behind to enter the cook off @ Tara and Jeff's. Heard the ribs were yummy but no top 3 for my cooking man :(

My summer will FLY by as I looked at my "overbooked" time. Ana and Karina both have quilt class (Ana next week and Karina the first week of July), both girls head to Girl Scout Camp on Lake Couer dalene for a week. Then we herd them to Brett's moms for a few days while Brett and I play in Spokane for his conference. Ana is working on her silver award for Girl Scouts and will be the big part of the Day Camp that they are putting on in July. I'll most likely be a adult volunteer and Karina will attend :) Then we ship Ana off to cougar Quest camp @ WSU for a week. I have 3 days in July that I'll be at my EETT grant training and this brings us to the end of July before we finally find ourselves with no commitments so to speak! I'm hoping that Janis comes through with my trip to South America to teach Math for a week. If that happens it will most likely be the first week of July. Not going to hold my breath.. was suppose to go last year and it never worked out on the other end either.. *sigh*

SO.. hope your summer is full of fun.. We're having fun whether we like it or not :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yep, I'll be there too! See you at GS Day Camp!

Woohooo, 21 years!!! You don't seem old enough for that! Crazy!

Anonymous said...

We are still in school here - but only until tomorrow! Hope you have an awesome fun-filled summer vacation!!