Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Smack dab in the middle of nowhere...

Many people ask me.... just where do you live? My usual response is smack dab in the middle of nowhere.. halfway between here and there! I told my friend Sarah that we are a "remote" town. We were talking about going to the Girl Scout store and I told her the closest store was 3 hours away..

I'm 2 hours from Wenatchee and somewhat decent shopping, 3 hours from Spokane with major shopping and 5 hours from Seattle with ultimate shopping. There are days that being smack dab in the middle of nowhere is a nusanice...like when I see that cute little doodad that someone used in a hybrid project and find they got it at Target or Michael's or Joann's or some other big name brand store we don't have in my little "remote" town. It's a pain..but in the long run it probably saves me money! :)

Though I have to say... we have some of the most beautiful scenery in my middle of nowhere. Last week as I was up around 6:30 am to potty and feed the dog, when I happened to look over the fence and see a glorious sunrise happening right before my eyes! I ran upstairs...grabbed my camera and went out on my deck to snap a few shots.. snow is still on the deck and somebody wasn't wearing shoes or socks *big grin* brrrrr. The best part for me..was not only the sunrise, but the fact that Ana who was in charge of letting the dog back in came running upstairs to tell me to grab my camera because she saw the beautiful sunrise! Great minds think alike :) So glad she sees the beauty in the world around her!

Let me know what you think.. beautiful no??



So this week in the middle of nowhere.. K will be spending most of her afterschool time at the PAC. She was cast today as one of 4 town Criers for the Missoula Children's Theater production of Little Mermaid. This is an amazing thing. They rehearse the kids (K-12) and then perform a musical on Sat. She'll be tired and most likely crabby as all get out by Saturday night...but it will be worth it :)

Ana finishes her last week of AAU basketball and we settle down for a bit before Soccer starts again in April :) *sigh*

2 comments:

Kendal said...

Sounds about like my thoughts of the middle of nowhere where we live :)

Well things seem to be calming down for you, would you be up to helping me finish a quilt? I'm almost there, but not sure how to cut the back and sew everything with the batting.

Jill said...

Yep - I have learned to appreciate the 'middle of nowhere' blessings! Great shot!