Brett's grandmother Marion, joined her beloved Vernon in heaven this weekend. I know they are together again and glad to be back in each others arms. Below is a poem that Marion wrote to Vernon when he was deployed to Germany during WWII. We have a photo copy of this in her own writing with a picture of the family next to it... At that time it was just Brett's mom and her older brother Stan in the family. Later 3 more kids were added to the family. This poem just touches my heart everytime I see it. The photo is right where I see it every morning when I come down the stairs.. it reminds me to love my hubby with all my heart.
Since You Went Away
Written for my Vernon
When you went away my darling
You took my shunshine too
Now all my days are dull and dark
For my only light is you.
Since you went away my darling
my day has lost its charm
My nights are filled with dreams of you
I'm always in your arms.
There is nothing left to do my darling
except to hope and pray
Hope that it will soon be over
and pray that your okay.
You took my heart my darling
on the day you went away.
We don't have any details as to when the service will take place, but it's tentatively set for next week. It will be a hard adjustment for all. She was a wonderful lady and my girls were blessed to know her. I felt blessed to be able to call her my grandma as well.
2 comments:
Ah Lisa, I just decided to come check your blog today, my friend. I am SO SORRY for your loss. I still miss my own gramma every single day. I was probably closer to her than anyone else in the world.
I will be lifting you and your family in prayer.
Love your new blog look
♥ Barb
I'm so sorry. I just learned that my grandmother passed away today. I'm saddened when I think of all the memories but find joy in the fact that grandma and grandpa are together again. Your poem touched me. It's tough to lose a family member, no matter what their age.
Post a Comment