Sunday, September 30, 2007

lessons learned...

IF your ehd doesn't have a fan to keep it cool...it will die and take with it 80 GBs of stuff. Of course, I've been a good girl and really in photo wise only lost the last month and a halfs photos as I've been saving to DVD. I'm hoping to recoup some of them from Sarah (sarah96) with whom I've shared the good ones over Hello with her, she has them saved in her Hello folder! The rest of the 60 plus GB was my entire collection of Digital Scrapbooking kits (yes, all of your stuff Amy :() I guess it's a good time to start "fresh". And all that time I put off starting to organize in ACDsee.. well it paid off ! I don't have to worry about it anymore! (trying to see humor!) There are a few things I'm really going to miss...like my Vera Lim stuff I collected while on her GuestCT and of course the Tracy Ann stuff I've collected. OH and my Shabby Princess stuff too :( *sigh* guess it should have been last month I joined mozy and did my back up stuff.

The good news??? The EHD is still under warranty. So though I can't recover my stuff from it (unless someone has $1500 running around unattended they want to give me) I do get a replacement. I just have to package it up and send it to Texas. Once they get it..I get a replacement one back.

Ana had her first soccer game this weekend in the Methow (they got KICKED) but they had fun! I got a shot of her having fun and then we went to Wenatchee to do Costco shopping. On the way down I saw a public fishing signs along the Methow river, so we pulled into one and proceeded to have fun chucking rocks and playing on the river bank. I truly do live in a place of great beauty! The dog enjoyed it as much as the girls!





1 comment:

Sarah96 said...

waaaa. I'm sooo sorry Lisa. When you're online later, I'll have to find out what Eric used on my HD a few years ago to recover about 95% of my stuff. It only cost me about $100 vs. $1000. :)

Don't forget though to contact some of those designers and stores and see if they can reset your links for you. I'm suuuure they will be willing to help you.