Thursday, September 6, 2007

We have Grand Champions in the house

and some blues and some reds! :) Karina was so excited! Her class went to the fair today so she got to see first hand her quilt... with a BIG purple ribbon attached!! She won Grand Champion for her quilt!! She was so excited.. her sister's quilt got a Blue ribbon too! Ana's butterscotch blondies served still warm from the oven (imagine Lisa standing in the check out line @ walmart with the buttterscotch chips talking to Ana on the phone explaining just how much 3/4 of a cup of butter is with the sticks of butter!LOL) We got everything in 2 hours before the deadline. Both girls photos got blue ribbons and both their "craft" stuff got reds. Karina was so sweet tonight.. she voted for Ana's quilt for her "people's choice" award that the Girl Scout booth has! :) It's a pretty ribbon! Hope she gets it :) It promises to be an action packed weekend..tomorrow morning the girls and I "man" the Girl scout booth from 8-1 then head over to the main stage @ 1:15 to get ready for Ana to sing with the Nashville Star stuff! She's downstairs singing her heart out right now :) Saturday morning is drive to beautiful downtown Brewster where we learn all about the Fall product sales for Girl Scouts. Back to the fair that afternoon to check in and such and back to the fair again on sunday for a few hours and to pick up all the stuff and clean up the booth area. *sigh* I'm tired just thinking about it all! Somewhere in there I have to do lesson plans and figure out what the heck I'm doing as I have 2 days of training next week in Wenatchee for the FOSS science kits. Going to be really really hard to leave my kids with a sub after only 4 days of having them! I'm still teaching routines and rules and working on stuff! and I'm still fighting this ugly head/chest cold thingy.. I miss my "normal" voice.. this croaky stuffy one is so not me! hee hee

End of brag.. photos to follow :)


1 comment:

Amy said...

Congrats to the girls on their ribbons at the fair! How is third grade going? Did you get your voice back yet?