Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fair results....

Even though it tires me to the bone, I love the fair!! I got to take my 3rd graders this year and see the thrill of the fair through their eyes! I walked a ton and my little piggie toe paid the price.. a huge blister! I'm still nursing that baby along. I didn't think my feet were ever going to forgive me! The 3rd graders had a blast and we really enjoyed our time!

My girls had their stuff in the girl scout booth. K's quilt won Reserve Grand Champion and People's Choice for Saturday. She also entered a few art projects and a very delicious chocolate chocolate chip zucchini bread which won a Grand Champion! (her other competition was her sister who got a Blue ribbon on her "regular" zucchini bread)

A's quilt got a Blue ribbon and her peanut butter cookies got a Grand Champion in the cookies (4 other peeps she competed against) On Sunday everybody was hungry for sweets so Ana's cookies got People's Choice on that day (the first day a quilt hadn't won People's choice).

Here are the girls reverse tie dye shirts :) they turned out cool :)




I entered 9 different photos in the photography section. I got mainly reds and a few whites. I'll take my reds though as I think the judging was a bit "different" than past fairs!

However..... I did excel in one area!! My digital scrapbook was named Grand Champion in the adult division for scrapbooks! Woo hoo go me!! Makes glad of all the time I've sat at my computer preserving my family's memories!!!


Here are two videos of A singing. Excuse the shakey hands of the camera women :) LOL God has truly blessed her with a decent singing voice. She gets better and better every time she sings :)





Here are the kids enjoying the carnival :)



2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats to everyone at the fair! I love your ride photos! Ana sounds great!

Sarah96 said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. Congrats on your scrapbook. Ana sounds great!