Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School!

Where did the summer go? (see blog posting about who stole my summer) LOL

Today was back to school! Both girls were so excited to be going back! A went with her dad and I dropped K off on my way to my first of the school meeting. My stomach did a little... ahhh sniff sniff moment when I dropped K off at the school. She kissed me goodbye and as I drove away I was thinking... there goes my 4th grader! When did she get to be old enough to be a 4th grader!!! It only lasted about 3 blocks, but it was a brief melancholy moment!! I think because I teach too, I feel that the first day of school is a new year, a new beginning and it makes me sad in a way to see my girls growing up.

Okay enough blabbering... here are the girls posing for first day pics!





Fair is next weekend so we'll be there most of it! A is singin on Thursday and Sunday :) Stop by the Girl Scout booth and say Hi! I'm sure I'll be there way too much! LOL

3 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

awwwwwwwwww - TERRIFIC pics L. and what a sweet/sad day for you and the girls. The time goes altogether too fast. You know, I visited a blog yesterday that you would TOTALLY appreciate the sentiments. I WISH I could remember where it was, if I do find I will send it.

ON A SAD NOTE -

You know Joy Gross? I'm sure you do, well her Mom passed last night. I just thought to mention it to you - she's had a rough time looking after her.

Thank you for keeping me posted I LOVE to come visit!

hugs,
Barb

Being Mrs Miles said...

PS - there's a book giveaway on my blog if you would like - still a few days to enter!

Amy said...

The girls look so grown up! Happy first day of school tomorrow for you! Have fun!