Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday...

Hi everyone! Wow what a busy week!! First I spent Sunday through Thursday at a GREAT training called Mentor Academy! Here I learned more about how to mentor new and veteran teachers. As always a little of this training helped me think of ways to improve my own classroom! Especially since I'm changing grade levels next year! In case you missed that announcement.. Lisa is moving to 3rd grade! yeah i'm being demoted and I love it!! :)

I got home on late Thursday night.. I was eager to view Ana's almost finished quilt.. no picutres yet as she still has some tying to do to finish it off...but keep checking back.. it's beautiful!! Karina had a great week at the Art Camp.. her final project..tie dye. Think she learned that more is better in tie dye!

Friday brought us to laundry and packing. Packing to go back to Spokane and packing for Karina.. she goes to Girl Scout Camp on Lake C'dlane on Wednesday.. so since we wouldn't be coming home again before then (in Spokane for Brett's WASA conference until Tuesday) I had to pack her all up. the only thing I can't find is the darn mess kit..so my goal and mission here is to find all that stuff for both girls! :)

Saturday we took Buster to the Kennel in Pullman so he wouldn't have to be kenneled so long if we left him with uncle earl. Then we went to Steptoe Day. missed the parade but we did get to eat some food and meet up with friends of my hubby. He lived in Steptoe from 1st grade through 7th grade, then they moved to Colfax! After we toured the school.. a 4 classroom building (each room is 2 grades).. we drove to the mid point of Steptoe Butte Where we watched the dropping of a ball off the top of the Butte (I don't have my download cord but I do have photos of the ball!)! It's a fund raiser for the little town of Steptoe. They raffle off 600 tickets with the times on them. We missed buying the last ticket that was sold that morning.. what a fun idea.. It was pretty funny.. to see this huge ball dropping and gliding down the hill! There had to be someone who was there to be the "offical ball handler" to keep it going down the butte!

I'm in the hotel enjoying my life of leisure! Had breakfast already.. lunch is in the fridge :) (leftover Alice Spring Chicken from Outback last night)! Brett is golfing.. They've won the tourney the last 2 years (his friends on the other team said they were going to win this year by waiting to see what Brett's team scored and then fill in their score card with one point lower LOL) Brett joked that they weren't going to be allowed any erasers or extra score cards :) competition is tough!

Okay I'm off to finish my last FP for next months newsletter and to upload the ones I got done!! oh and I need to find my sketch I'm doing for tomorrow :)

Enjoy your week! I'll probably check in after we get back on Wednesday to show Miss K at her camp! sniff sniff she's growing up my almost 8 year old!

No comments: